A Message From Our Founders
Our company began its journey to wow customers with the launch of Diapers.com in 2005. We've since expanded our family of specialty sites to include Soap.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com and BeautyBar.com. Over this time, we've seen many of our customers increasingly shop for natural, organic and sustainably-made products.
We created Vine.com to give everyone a simple way to find green products for every aspect of their life.
This made us realize that it's also time to take a closer look at how we operate as a company, to take stock of the areas where strong environmental initiatives are already in place and identify additional areas for improvement.
We didn't start out as a green company, and we're not promising to become one overnight. Yet, we are committed to the path toward greater sustainability. It is our hope that you'll join us on the journey.
Marc Lore & Vinit Bharara
- Before we sell a product on Vine.com, and across our family of sites, we review the ingredients and materials provided by the vendor to ensure it meets our green standard. Our standard is clear and transparent so you know what green means to us. Read our Green Standard here.
First and foremost, we want to ensure that products arrive in perfect condition. That means you're going to find some products secured with plastic materials like bubble wrap. Is it green? No. Are your products protected? Yes. This ensures our customers' satisfaction and reduces the need for additional shipments and their resulting carbon emissions.
Second, Vine.com is transitioning to shipping boxes made of 95% recycled content. The designation is clearly marked on the outside of those boxes.
Lastly, we strive for maximum box efficiency. Our warehouses are equipped with shipping software that evaluates the dimensions of each item you've ordered and chooses the most appropriate sized box. This enables us to reduce empty space in the box; use less shipping material; use fewer boxes and maximize the number of shipments on our delivery trucks, lowering the carbon footprint associated with each order.
- The Warehouse
- Our warehouses are also designed for maximum efficiency. This enables us to deliver across the U.S. in 2 days or less. Each warehouse is equipped with a Kiva System – automated robots that store products and bring them to our warehouse associates when they're ready to be packed. Since robots can work in the dark, we can keep the lights turned off in many areas within our facilities. Other lights in the warehouse run on motion sensors to ensure they're only on when necessary. As for the batteries that power these robots, they are recycled once depleted.
- Our Office
- We're located in Jersey City, New Jersey, just across the Hudson River from Manhattan. Our retail team, supply chain team and our entire Customer Care team is based here. When you call us with questions about your order, you reach us here. To reduce our environmental impact at the office, we created an internal task force called Quidsi Verde.
- Quidsi Verde Initiatives:
- 1. Paper Consumption Reduction. Set a goal to cut paper consumption in half by using scrap paper for printing, printing double-sided and bringing laptops to meetings instead of paper handouts.
- 2. Plastic Bag Alternatives. Reusable Bag Stations are located at office entrances so our employees can use the bags to run errands.
- 3. Sustainable Kitchen. Personalized coffee mugs are available for each employee; kitchen plates, cups and utensils are made of corn-based plastic.